Pages

Friday, November 09, 2007

Friday!

Finally!
Between parent-teacher conferences, tons of running around and still not quite feeling 100% from my cold this has seemed like one long week. And to think things were supposed to calm down after the play was over. Ha!
The kids are in crazy moods. There's a slight chance of snow showers in the forecast. Apparently it snowed here and there across the region today. I didn't see it, but that doesn't mean I didn't simply miss the flakes of icy goodness. Seriously, as much as I love snow, I'm not quite ready. I mean 2 short weeks ago it was pretty darned warm here. Now the temps are hovering in the 30's and they're calling for snow. The trees haven't even dropped all of their leaves yet. What's up with that?
Another birthday shout out! To my niece on her 20th birthday. God, I feel old. Happy Birthday, C. (Notice how I didn't use those initials you love so much!) :)
This weekend is actually much calmer than those of the past. We're not booked within an inch of our lives and are probably even going to get rid of the rotting pumpkins on the front steps. Yep, no outside obligations so its home maintenance time. I cringe at the thought, and at the mountain of laundry waiting for me.
Oh and hey! I finished that other project that's been looming. Well, not quite finished, but closer than I've ever been. It'll go to my critique partners after I read through it one more time. And it's on to a new project! Whoot!
Total estimated words I've written so far this year: 254, 649.
That's three completed manuscripts, one short story and major edits on one of the projects. I'm hoping that number is more like 300, 000 by the end of the year. We'll see...
If you missed Supernatural last night, I feel sorry for you. What a fantastic episode! Dean in a tux. Very nice. The old lady with the hots for Sam cracked me up and the interaction between Dean and Bella was entertaining. Next week's looks creepy with the return of a character I love to curse at - Gordy.
That's all...
Enjoy the weekend!
And...
Behave!

No comments: