Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2007

I'm Becoming...

a little more tolerant of the Christmas stuff.
I still think I'm going to be more Scrooge though. I'm by no means ready for the crush of shopping, decorating and obligations. I did see some really cute Santa gnomes in the sale papers today. That alone is enough to help put me in the holiday mood. Which is weird, I know, but what can I say? I did get my pilgrims out on the front porch. They look pretty nifty with the lone mum that wasn't planted in a pumpkin, and the pilgrim faces K4 drew on the little un-carved pumpkins that didn't rot. I guess this time next week I'll have to start thinking about putting them away and putting my snowman and Santa out. Geesh, that doesn't seem real.
I'm having a hard enough time with the fact that Thanksgiving is in four short days. My week is going to be very full and busy with not only Thanksgiving to prepare for (thank goodness it's not here this year), but a whole bunch of other stuff, and K2's semi-surprise 16th birthday party. I think I'm safe to talk about it in the general sense here. She has no idea when or where it is, but I'm pretty sure she knows it's very soon.
The weekend has been pretty good around here. Kind of relaxing, a little busy, and very satisfying in the food sense. I've probably gained five pounds, especially after B made his famous Seafood Chowder for dinner tonight.There's enough left to feed an army, though we did our best to put a dent in the soup pot. K2 is back after a weekend spent retreating. Her voice is nearly missing again and I think I might have to send flowers to the youth leaders that had to listen to the bevy of screaming and chattering girls.
That is all.
Behave!

No comments: