Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Scaring Myself...

Again...and not really.
I'm doing research on the new project I plan to start on Monday. I can't even tell you how excited I am to write brand new words and characters. It seems I've been editing constantly over the past few months due to a harebrained idea gone awry. I think I've already said I won't ever use that particular plan again.
The idea is one that's been fermenting for a little while now. I still don't have the over-arcing plot, but the little pieces are coming together. I have a working title, partial components of both main characters and a lot of the creepy stuff figured out. Other elements are clicking into place and I feel the beginnings of the opening scene coming together. The problem is, I can't - or maybe don't want to - think about this one while going to sleep because the disturbing dreams are sure to show up if I do. I can think about my characters, but not too in depth because their personalities are strongly tied to the paranormal and then I'll end up all scared and not sleeping. Again - like when this idea originally came to me. Usually I have no problems distancing myself from the more frightening elements, but this one...I don't know...I only know it's not something I need to carry around with me constantly - at least at this stage of the game. If that makes sense. Maybe it doesn't. I don't know. It's kind of hard to explain. There are a lot of things that don't affect me when the lights are out, so maybe when something actually does it takes me by surprise.
Anyway.
I've spent the past several hours reading stories on the web that deal with one of the main paranormal elements in the story. I even had the chance to brainstorm a bit, which helped a lot and is where the working title came from. If Misty has bad dreams tonight, it's not my fault. I swear.
And guess what? No birthdays today. Actually, the birthday train slows down a little for the rest of the year. There are still several, but not back to back like the past few weeks have been.
No other news to report.
Continue to enjoy your weekend!
Behave!

No comments: