Pages

Friday, June 05, 2009

Welcome to my Week.

This has been a pretty weird week around here.
Let's see if I can sum up...
1. The refrigerator died. We thought we were going to be able to save it, but we were wrong. By Tuesday night, we were hoping that the ancient behemoth in the basement would wake up enough to keep stuff cold. It did. And it's very tiny. (It's a behemoth because it weighs approximately 728 tons) I'd held off on going to the store until Tuesday afternoon because our efforts appeared to have worked. Stuff was cold, ice was being made, the waffles were frozen again. Yeah. Whatever. A friend of ours is hooking us up with one that'll hold us over for now.
2. Last night I spent the entire day cleaning due to having company last night. I couldn't find my mop heads and ended up scrubbing all floors on my hands and knees. (I'm paying for that now) And, of course, the farthest the company came into the house was the kitchen and an occasional trek upstairs to the bathroom. It was good though. A good time.
3. I met my writer's group goal, which was set pretty darned high because of the retreat. Even though I met the bulk of it at the retreat, the weeks since have been so chaotic my writing time's been drips and dribbles.
4. Today was the last day of school. K2 is totally jazzed about being a senior. And, I kid you not, exactly 2 hours after K4 came home, I heard it...yes. I did. "I'm bored." Something tells me it's going to be a really, really long summer.
5. Two mornings this week the neighbor's dog howling woke me. At Five-freaking-thirty a.m. Picture me not happy. Then, the dog continued to howl for hours. Very irritating. And, of course, I haven't been able to catch the owner to talk to her about it. One night this week we were treated to a lovely concert featuring the other neighbor's car alarm going off constantly. Good stuff.
I think that's most of it. There was a lot more, but it's not really blog worthy. Hopefully that explains my absence around the old blog.
Back soon with a Feel Good Friday list.
Behave!

1 comment:

Jo said...

and with all that going on, you still managed to bring me a good meal while I recover. Wish you could have stayed longer. I miss spending time with you. But it was good to see you! I love you!