Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tall Tale Tuesday


This photo compliments of my mom.
So what is it?
1. The back of a decent-sized dead fish that washed up on the creek bank. Taken at the Memorial Day campout. I saw the thing up close and personal and it was one of the grossest things I've ever seen in my life. The white projections weren't maggots, they were too big and I'm pretty sure they had teeth. *shudders* Nasty stuff.
2. TICKS! *shudder, shudder* Again, a Memorial Day campout picture. Those ticks were stacked up on this wild cat that wandered into camp looking for gastric handouts. Not a real wild cat, since it let us pull the ticks off and turned out to be very loving and full of purr. (and hungry) You can almost see his dark gray fur to the left of the tick buffet. He hung out nearly all day Saturday and we haven't seen him since.
3. The inside of Mom's iced tea glass. I'm not sure if she took the picture by accident, or if the way it looked prompted the picture taking.
What do you think?
Behave!

3 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I think it's #3 because I can't stand thinking it might be the other two.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Same here! LOL

Also, I think they look like stones, but ice fits, too.

You have a gross mind, Smith.

Darek@Orchid said...

Ehh, I hate to echo Susan and Natalie, but I'm guessing #3. It looks very much like ice. And previous two are horribly gross ;) Plus suspiciously detailed ;)