Pages

Monday, May 26, 2008

There Again


At the creek...
Looks much different than the last pictures I posted. (I am too lazy to find and link to them.)
Every holiday weekend, there's a potluck picnic here. Everyone brings a covered dish, their own tableware, and drinks, and we eat. Now, until we started coming here, my experience with potluck's meant ten crock pots of baked beans and maybe some chicken. I think because they've been doing it for so long, people tend to stretch their culinary imaginations a little. Yes, sometimes we have six different chicken dishes and not a lot of sides, but usually there's such a variety you just can't stop eating. K3 and one of the relatives always in attendance have started a dessert challenge. She makes the most fantastic cakes, and he's bound and determined to make his look just as awesome as hers does. One year he made a swimming pool cake. I wish I had a picture of that to show you because it was very cool. This year, his plans fell through and he and my niece ended up making finger Jello, which also didn't turn out right due to lack of time. He's already planning for the fourth of July. I'll definitely have a picture to show of that. It's a little difficult because we're usually camping on this weekend, but with enough planning that can be overcome.
Anyway. Yesterday was a really good day - with fun family, old friends that haven't been there in far too long, newer friends who we can't imagine life without, turtles, fish, and lots of mud. (which is why we couldn't camp)
Enjoy the holiday!
Behave!!

No comments: