Pages

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day...

I had been writing a post about Mother's Day and how disturbed I've been about with the whole thing. I really miss my mom and this time of year is super hard. We have Mother's Day and her birthday and the anniversary of her death and the fact that we had her services on her birthday... So yeah, I've been kind of hating on Mother's Day.

I worked on that post for the better part of two weeks. I edited it repeatedly, added to it every day. And I just can't post it. It's not like there's anything bad in it, but I just don't want to put it out there anymore.

I think the thing that got to me was that when K4 and I were out shopping yesterday, she told me how much she misses her Gram. We both wiped at tears and then she did everything she could to make sure I felt special, and that extended into today. I don't know what happened, but something did. I guess I realized I'm not alone.

It was a good day.I slept in a little. I'm still in my jammies. I only did what I wanted to do, which included organizing retreat stuff, wrapping game prizes for retreat, doing laundry that I needed to get done, writing, and taking a really good nap. K4 made me breakfast. (Just not in bed because I am totally not about breakfast in bed) That Man took care of dinner and dishes. And his Momma. I talked to K2 and Baby C, texted with my sisters, and got hugs from Mr. B.

It's been a good day. I'm okay.

Just two more work days to get through and then it's Retreat time! Whoot!

Behave!



No comments: