Pages

Monday, May 01, 2017

May the First

Ah, May. You are an interesting month - a month of fantastic things, very sad things and memories, beginnings, and ends.

I love May for: Retreat, first campout, warmer weather, planting flowers, longer days, Jeep top down, more hanging out, flip flops, and grilling.

I dislike May because: May is when I lost my momma. It's also her birthday, which is the day we had her funeral. There are a lot of memories and sadness, especially around Mother's Day, which was the last time I saw her well and able to communicate. I have wonderful memories of the whole Mother's Day weekend, but not after that. I'm so glad we were able to have that weekend with Mom - it was full, fun, awesome, and excellent.

Also, this is the time of year my dad started to really get sick. We thought he had a prostate infection, but by the end of May, we knew he didn't. So there's that added into it. The last time I saw my dad as wholly healthy and "normal" was the Mother's Day before he died. (ten months before my mom died)

So, yeah. I'm in a place with a whole bunch of crazy emotions. This is life, though, and get through it I must.

That's all.

Behave!

No comments: