Pages

Friday, May 19, 2017

Retreat: Day Three - Post Two

Here's a picture. Ha!

Yeah, it's taken from my room window. I was just outside, but didn't have my phone on me. Then, I remembered I'd promised to get one on here.

Even with the screen, it's an awesome view. Beyond that gazebo is a pond. You can also see the dark clouds building, which may or may not produce a much-needed storm. We thought we were getting one earlier - there was thunder, black skies, and maybe about four raindrops before the sun came out again. It's very disappointing.

Usually when we are here, we have weather like we had at home last weekend. Abundant rain and chill. We like it like that. It makes it easy to hunker down and write. Okay, not like any of us are having trouble getting the words down, but that's not the point.

I've done well word count wise. I may or may not meet my awesome count from yesterday. I have about an hour and a half until our Friday night gathering. It's a social time where we talk, hand out tickets to be entered into our prize drawing, and maybe play a board game. I wasn't planning on being down there long, but was just informed that many people are excited about playing Cards Against Humanity, so...

Tomorrow is our last full day. Tomorrow night, we have our annual game which was put together by Simon. It's going to be a blast. We laugh so hard and have so much fun. After the game, we draw the big prizes and kind of start the prep to head for home.

I don't want to think about that right now.

Behave!

No comments: