Pages

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Retreat: Day Four - Post One

Last full day!

The temperatures have dropped incredibly. I am now in a sweatshirt and socks. Yeah, my window is open, but I'm okay with that. We had a thunderstorm and then it rained on and off all night.

I did sleep, but went to bed after midnight. We had to call the desk because the teenager retreat that came in yesterday were ridiculously loud and out in the parking lot playing ball at 11:30, and riding around a luggage cart that very nearly hit a brand new Charger and then Simon's car. I have no problem with the noise, but at 11:30, right outside our rooms was a little much. Love the staff here, though. Within five minutes of the call, the shenanigans had ended.

Anyway. Our social time was a blast. I ended up staying way later than I intended, but then I exceeded my word count from yesterday by a few hundred words. I'm almost done with the first draft of the project, which is awesome!

My goal today isn't word count oriented. It's to finish the chapter, read through and tweak, and work on the synopsis. And take a nap. Which I may do sooner than later. Even though I slept decently, my butt is dragging.

We have our annual game tonight. Always a blast. We give prizes, which are also funny. Then we'll do the prize drawing. It's definitely evident which prize is the most coveted. The ticket bag is three times as full as the others. I get it. I put most of my tickets in there, too.

Okay. Time to work.

Behave!

No comments: