Pages

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Saturday...

Sleeping in was amazing. I made it about an hour past my usual wake up time, even though I didn't go to bed until two hours past my regular time. But, I came down to That Man making breakfast cookies and coffee. Awesome!

That Man is not feeling good. He has the "virus" thing that's going around. K4 and K3 had it earlier this week. It's a "bathroom" kind of bug. So it's not pleasant. We were supposed to convene at my middle sister's today due to illness at our younger sister's house, but we are prevented from attending by the bug. I have a lot of sad. Fingers crossed that I do not come down with it on Retreat.

Today is the second anniversary of my mom's death. It has been a super rough day. I miss her more than I could ever tell you. She was my best friend, my rock, my comic relief, my voice of reason, my biggest cheerleader. She and That Man are the reasons I have made the decisions I have. She wasn't perfect. No one is. But she was my momma and I still reach for the phone every morning to call her, even after two years. I miss her. So very much.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day... All I can say is that I have the best kids and the best husband ever... and I'm trying super hard to focus on what I have now, instead of what I don't.... I know I am blessed.

That is all for now...

Behave!

No comments: