Pages

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Retreat: Day Two - Post Three

It's late.

But I'm jazzed.

After dinner, I met up with Simon to do a little brainstorming. Not about the stuff I said earlier though. This is not something I'd planned on for this weekend. There's a purpose for the switch and my time is going to be tight, but I'm excited. And I can get it done. The plan is to finish the backstory in the morning and actually start working on it after lunch.

I had a totally awesome word count today, and I'm confident that it will be equally so tomorrow. Which means I'll be super close to finishing this project before I go home.

I'm a little worried that I won't sleep again. Not only is my brain full of ideas and stuff, but I haven't slept well for the past week. Which is why I'm still up though my awesome bed looks inviting and I'm so tired I've had to make a crap ton of corrections just typing this and I kind of think my eyes have stopped working. I have my windows open and I can hear the peepers in the pond. It's quite outside. There is no traffic here, no sounds of civilization... Yeah, I'm going to bed in a minute.

Tomorrow is Friday. Retreat Day Three. We have social time scheduled for the evening, which is always fun and is a much needed break. I love that earlier there was hysterical laughter throughout the hall, and I participated in some of that myself.

That is all for now. I have promised pictures and hopefully that will happen tomorrow. The thing is that I purposefully leave my phone behind when I leave my room. But I will take pictures.

Behave!

No comments: