Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Eve Eve

More wicked weather here. The wind is making me fear for my Internet connection once again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
The past few days have been a whirlwind. I have several subjects I'd like to blog about, but they'll have to wait until the new year. The permit exam has been postponed to Wednesday, so the total day off I thought I'd have isn't going to happen now. Thursday, my mom, sister, and I will be driving to Baltimore to pick up my cousin. She's in from California and we can't wait to see her. The last time we saw her, she was 8 or so. That was 14 years ago. We communicate via email and already know we're going to get along very well, so anticipation is high. The days between Christmas and New Year's are going to be packed full of family obligations and good times.
Tomorrow is the remainder of the cleaning I should have gotten done last week, but didn't. I'm down to very little to do though, which is good. Birthday cake and Christmas eve food making, possibly a dreaded run to the grocery store, and then Christmas eve at my parents house with the family. K4 has chosen spaghetti for her birthday dinner, and I'd like to get the sauce going sometime tomorrow as well so I have less to do on the big day.
Today was full with a fun brunch, then a visit to B's dad. B's sister took K4 shopping for her Christmas outfit - a tradition they both look forward to - and we brought our teenage niece and nephew here to hang out with the kids. It was insane with much laughter and goofiness. They had a blast. We don't often see them, which is a shame since we all get along so well, but their schedule is very similar to ours and they live about an hour away.
That is all the rambling I have for now. Well, not really, but it's enough don't you think?
Behave!

No comments: