Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Stuck

We're getting some winter weather here.
Looks like just rain to me but, everything is cancelled. I do see ice on my truck, and K2 insists the rain is "chunky", but whatever. We're stuck at home, and my previous plans for the day are done for. I am loving the new alert system our school district put in place. You can customize how you're alerted for pretty much any situation the school might need to contact you. Though after getting two phone calls that said school was cancelled, I think I need to go back in and tweak my preferences. Anyway, the system is pretty darned cool.
My poor doggy won't be getting her trim today. Our groomer lives in the next county and even though it's a short drive, it's a short drive up the mountain. And I won't be getting any Christmas shopping done today. But I might get some writing done, which is unexpected and awesome.
I've been really hard on myself for not having the time to write lately. We're booked back to back with enough obligations that really make me wish for that cloning machine. (and it's not going to end until after New Year's.) Anyway. It's always been my plan to take the weeks surrounding the holidays off.
I don't know why I have such a hard time doing it though. I'm in a good spot to take a little vacation - the anthology work is nearly done (waiting on cover art), I have other stuff out there, and I've met the yearly goal I set for my writer's group. I've written over 280k words so far this year, which is a pretty good number.
I want to be writing. And, after all, I should be able to do everything and do it well too. Right? Ha! Don't answer that. I'm well aware I have some kind of superwoman syndrome. Anyone who knows me well knows that.
I will be writing today. I'm not foolish enough to let the chance pass by. Maybe this crappy weather day is a gift?
That's all.
Behave!

No comments: