Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

Writing Topics

I had a whole post written and it's gone...
Dang it...
Now I don't feel like re-crafting it - so we're going to have a list of ten instead.
10 reasons I love writing:
1. I can work in my jammies.
2. Reading is research.
3. Writing retreats.
4. Finishing a book.
5. Starting a book.
6. My local chapter of RWA.
7. I can work inside my head.
8. Writing friends.
9. Brainstorming.
10. Having new ideas slip in when I least expect them to.
(Which is what happened to me this morning and I now have an idea to rework a ms that needed some plot help. It's thrilling to have that revelation - even though it'll have to wait until I clear my schedule.)
Anyway. There are many, many more reasons I love writing than those ten. That's just what popped into my head after I got over my disappointment at losing my original post. The list would look different depending on the day and my mood. Seeing my name on the cover of a book, hearing what people thought of my story, and much more. I could probably write a list of a hundred, but that's besides the point.
And that's all for a Monday.
Behave!

No comments: