Pages

Monday, April 27, 2020

Day Four Thousand and Twelve...

Or something like that...

Today has been a tangle of frustration.

The working part is okay.

The home part is okay.

It's just one of those days.

I woke up around 2am to use the bathroom and when I looked out my window, I saw a pile of water bottles and a tea container on the roof to our front porch. I did my business, came back, and looked again. Yep. There they were, with a plastic grocery bag to my right. I laid in bed and tried to figure out how they had gotten there and who was going to retrieve them.

When I told That Man about it, he looked and saw nothing but the grocery bag. That is all that is out there right now and there is nothing on the sidewalk or in the street out front so it didn't blow off with the rain or anything.

I am losing my mind.

I made another batch of danishes. They taste delicious, but they look like... in K4's words... Octopi spawning. I used a layer of blackberry jam under the cream cheese, but my base flattened when it shouldn't have, so I need to think that one through for next time.

I bought the wrong conditioner. It's K4's scent. Not mine. And while I don't mind it, I do. So she now has a brand new bottle and I need to get some. I'm trying to order some online, but I can't seem to find my smell.

We are making gyros for dinner. Decided to cook the chicken a different way. We piled it up on a skewer poked into an onion and slid another onion on the top. I'm worried it's going to fall over, but so far so good. It smells amazing. The chicken has been marinating since Saturday, so I hope everything works out. Last time I made this I used the dill stems from the tzaziki sauce in the marinade and forgot to rinse them. The chicken was amazing, until you hit a bite of sand. With that, I was done. We rinsed the marinade off and it was still there. The dill was definitely rinsed this time.

That's all I have...

Behave!




No comments: