Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Dear...

It's been a super long time since I've done one of these and since I'm out of creativity at the moment, this is all I have.

Dear Employer -

Thank you for taking us off the week-to-week schedule and keeping us working from home. I appreciate you more than I can say. There is a need to get my office back to right, but we are figuring that out.

Dear Neighbor -

Please put a damn curtain up in your window. Your light is bright and I don't need to see you in your kitchen all of the time. Also, please keep your trash can out of my yard. And please stop throwing the neighbor kids basketball into my yard. We don't have basketball playing kids despite having a basketball net.

Dear Virus -

Please go the hell away and stop doing what you're doing. We're all sick of you and we want our lives back. I think we all agree that we're going to be different when we get out of this. I don't mind working from home. I don't even mind the social distancing thing. But I do mind not getting to hug my grandkids and kids. Videos and Facetime aren't covering it.

Dear Weather -

I know you were nice today, but you're not supposed to be tomorrow. Please be nice enough so we can get the camper fixed. Please be nice enough so I can take my plants back outside. Please stop raining on the weekends so we can get some stuff done. And maybe get our garden done? I know you're doing your thing the way you now how, but it's time to be warmer out. It's time to be able to save my electric bill, too.

Dear Zoo Living in My House -

Please stop shedding. Your hair is driving me crazy. It's everywhere no matter what we do. I am so tired of having it stick to me constantly. Also, please stop being so crazy when we're working. I need that pen and those papers and I need you to get out of my box. Also. You're cute and funny and I love you, so whatever. Ha!

Dear Other Neighbor -

Stop yelling and fighting in the middle of the night. Stop parking in front of my house and hitting your lock button seventy-two times so your alarms beeps constantly. Stop doing the thing I'm pretty sure you're doing. Stop letting your very cute dog poop in my flower bed. Stop throwing your trash wherever. And get someone to come and finish cleaning up the tree in your backyard - though I get that is probably on your landlord and not you. Still. It's a mess.

Dear Summer -

Please be awesome.

Dear Writing -

Please come back. I did critiques of two very awesome books, but I haven't done my own stuff in a few days. I will, but I need an infusion of creativity stat.

That's all I have.

Behave! 






No comments: