Pages

Thursday, April 09, 2020

Working From Home Survival Journal: Day Four Hundred and Twelve

I have no freaking clue what actual day it is... I don't care either. It doesn't matter.

We get another week of working from home, That Coworker and I. That's good and it alleviates some stress.

Despite the extension, our taxes are filed and paid, so that makes me feel less stressed as well. We have cars that need inspected though. There's not much we can do about that right now.

So many people are talking about what they "cleaned out", "painted", "fixed", blah blah blah. Not here. We're working. Same as normal. We finish our day. Rustle up some grub and decompress. Some evenings we go for a walk, but we have sucked at that lately, too. We do what we need to do on the weekends. The only difference is that the laundry is always done now and the house is de-animal-haired and dusted on a daily basis. We do try different recipes, though we always do that.

This morning we made homemade biscuits. They were very delicious, but flat. We were discussing what could have gone wrong - we used half and half instead of milk because we're out of milk. And then I looked at the container of Cream of Tartar. Umm. Yeah. It expired 10 years ago, so there's that... It's on the list to replace on our next supply run. Then we will make biscuits again!

But... Holy Wind, Batman!

My big plant blew off the porch. I kid you not, this thing weighs about thirty pounds. It broke the weld on the pot and bent the hook. The plant is fine. Thank goodness. This thing is like our baby.

The phone calls for service at work are insane! That's all we've been doing all afternoon. It's literally one after another. I guess with 60 mph (or whatever) winds, you will have this. Supposedly the winds are supposed to end around 6pm, but we'll see. 

Tomorrow is a half day of work and then the weekend. There will be sleeping in.

Sadly, no Easter family dinner this year. I'm sad. I miss everyone. I want to hug my grandkids, my kids, my siblings, siblings-in-law, nieces and great nieces, nephews... you get the picture...and hang out and laugh and talk with everyone. I know we will plan a big gathering when this is all over. We have birthdays to celebrate, and Easter.

That's all I have. Here's hoping working from home day fifteen (see I have it now) goes quickly. (I mean, my little nest on the couch needs me) Ha!

Behave!


No comments: