Pages

Wednesday, April 01, 2020

April 1st

Wouldn't it be cool if we found out this whole thing was some kind of grand joke?

Yeah, I know.

I don't think too many folks are feeling like pranking anyone today. I know I'm definitely not. K4 just came down and said there better not be any April Fool's happening around here because she is not in the mood. The best I can do is text funny memes to my kids, family, and the besties. And typically I try to come up with some kind of joke for That Man...though admittedly most years it backfires on me.

Not a working from home survival entry yet today because or system is down and I'm not working yet. It is what it is, and frankly, I expected this to have already happened a few times by now. The fact that today is the first time in two weeks isn't too bad at all.

We ordered take out from one of our favorite little places last night. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love to cook, but we both needed a break. And we feel it's important to support our local small businesses that might not make it through this. The food was amazing. The system they have set up not so much. But That Man said everything was clean and everyone was being good with social distancing. So at least that's something. I'm not sure how many more times we'll do that, but it was a nice change.

Writing has not been going too well lately. Still. I'll have a few days with some decent words, and then a stretch of nothing. I know most of my writing friends are dealing with the same thing. It's still hard though.

Whelp. The system is operational again and I have a pile of work to get through.

Behave!




No comments: