Pages

Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Working From Home Survival Journal: Day Thirteen

I know it's been a week since I posted one of these... Everything is the same. Every single day.

Well, pretty much.

We're still working. We'll find out tomorrow or Friday if that will continue for another week or not. The week-by-week stuff is emotionally draining. I just have to keep reminding myself that we'll be okay in the end. Even if we do get laid off, we have jobs to go back to and the rest of it is whatever. We do have a half day on Friday for Good Friday.

The furry coworkers are literally hanging from the windows...
The big furry canine one is at my feet impeding the movement of my chair and making me crazy.

Moods are much improved. That's a plus. The irritation level has dropped significantly. We're casual (I mean really casual - I'm in striped fuzzy jammie pants and striped fuzzy socks). That Coworker at least gets dressed everyday. I do the basics, but haven't had jeans on since Monday when we had to make a supply run.

I did get an inbox added to my own since our controller is officially on maternity leave. Which means now I monitor three separate email accounts. It's kept me pretty damned busy today so far. It's okay. We have a brand new healthy office baby and mom and baby are doing fine. Obviously we won't get to meet him for quite a while, which is sad, but it is what it is.

On the to do list for today is to clean our "office". The furry office companions have been in destroyer mode. Half of my pens are missing and there are sticky note "bombs" all over.

That's all. My inbox is filling up so I need to get back to it.

Behave!


No comments: