Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Thursday... Why Have You Been Such a Long Day?

We went into the office today...

Had to get some supplies and do some things. That Man had a pretty big task and I had a bunch of stuff to do. We had to get our temperature taken as soon as we came in and sign the "book" to prove we had our temperature taken and record it. I totally get it. It just feels weird.

We were there until lunchtime. I was getting hangry because my large cup of coffee ended around ten. I took all of my drawer snacks home and hadn't brought anything else to drink. Finally got home and ate a delicious leftover hamburger for lunch and some potato salad.

Then we worked some more.

And then it was time to be done, though we both worked past our normal time. Me more than him, but he had later phone calls and stuff. And we both felt like we'd worked a solid two days straight. I don't know why - maybe the long morning in the office and then the long day working at home. We're both worn out and our shoulders ache. It was a damned stressful day.

And it rained all freaking day long. Our yard is a swamp. I'm just waiting for alligators to show up...

Our front porch is pretty big. That's where our mailbox is. It's covered from the rain. But, despite arriving home about ten minutes after the mail person came, our mail was so wet. Like, I had to set it in front of the little fireplace to dry wet. That will tell you how crazy the rain was.

Our "The Wilds' are flooding currently. The last update I got was that the flood was up to the pavillion. That's pretty far over the banks of the creek. Like over the road. The hope is that we will get to camp in 31 days, but we will see. It's a private space and the typical picnic probably won't happen, but there should be no reason we cannot camp in our favorite place. But... We shall see.

Tomorrow is Friday. I hope it's a quick day. But I am no convinced it will be. I have a pretty big list of things to do.

And I haven't written a damned word all week...

Behave!

No comments: