Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Happy Birthday to Me....

Yeah. It's my birthday. It's definitely a weird one.

I had no presents. No cake. No dinner or lunch out or work cake. I am still in my jammies and I'm not sure if I combed my hair today.

But I had a lot of awesome stuff.

And I am so grateful.

Texts from friends and family. A lot of them hysterical. Some super cute.
Emails from friends and discussions about movies.
Facebook messages.
Videos from my kids and grandkids.
Special pictures of things and people puking from my grandson. (omg. I laughed until I cried)
A socially distant visit from the oldest son today and the youngest son yesterday.
Phone calls from the uncle and aunt.
An easy work day.
Birthday emails from work people.
Hugs from K4. (She lives with us. It's allowed.)
A day long text session with my sister.
Tacos for dinner and no prep or clean up on my end. (I did make the guacamole, but I didn't have to)
That Man making a fire because it's cold in here and going to stay cold.

A wild story idea about geese and bounty hunters while standing on the porch with That Man that has turned into something I am actually excited about. We will see how this shakes out, but it could be good. It could be pretty awful, too, but for right now, I am pretty excited. (The story is not about geese at all)

Wait. I wasn't right about no presents. I did get the pictures from Mr. B. AND I got a bottle of toilet cleaner from my son and his family. Ha! It's a reciprocal gift of the meat, spaghetti sauce, and diapers we dropped off at their house on our daughter-in-law's birthday. And it's funny. And appreciated. We were out due to an accidental thing that happened the other day. (no explanation here. it's too weird to explain)

All in all, it's been a pretty good birthday. One to remember for sure.

Behave!

No comments: