Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2020

So... Happy Easter...

I guess?

I really missed my family today! A lot! We all texted about how much we love and miss each other. That made me even more nostalgic. We talked to our granddaughter twice today. Once this morning and then again a little bit ago. I talked to K3 and texted with K1. We didn't do anything for Easter as far as baskets go for the little kids. We'll make it up to the grandkids when we see them again. I did buy K4 a peanut butter egg at Sheetz the other day. I missed getting to Facetime with my boys today though. Their dad just started a new job, so things are discombobulated in their house right now.

I miss my folks a lot. Easter was one of Mom's favorite holidays. And we're entering the season where everything went bad for both parents, so it's still rough. My memories are good, but I miss them.

We made chicken fried steak and chicken fried chicken for dinner. Mashed potatoes. Fresh asparagus. The chicken fried chicken definitely took center stage. It was amazing. The trick is to beat it up and then soak it in milk, garlic, salt, pepper overnight... The milk soaks in and makes it so moist. (Yeah, I said the "moist" word) The gravy was okay, but I feel like I kind of ruined it. We had a lot of mushrooms to use up, so I cooked them off earlier and then added them to the white gravy. It was too much. It was still really good, but I wish I wouldn't haven added all of them. Now we have a week's worth of leftovers, which does make me happy.

I also made a lemon cake. Added lemon zest and juice to the mix and then made my own lemon icing with cream cheese and lemon juice. It turned out pretty good. I was happy and so was That Man. When we told K5 about the cake, she was decidedly jealous.

We watched like three Disney movies. I can't do anything but fluffy right now, so...

We also finished watching Picard. Which was super awesome and not fluffy, but familiar enough that it's good. It started slow for me, but once Riker and Deanna came back on the scene, I was hooked. It was good. I cried many tears though. Then we texted with our adopted son about it, which was cool.

Tomorrow is a work day for us. I do have to run out for a quick supply run at lunchtime. Hopefully it's quick, but they are only going to be letting so many people into the store at one time. We'll deal with it. That Man has to go into the office, so I will do the supply run while he's doing that.

I wrote last night. I managed a couple of thousand words. Today. Not so much. I kind of figured I'd take today off though. I cooked a lot. I ate a lot. I goofed off a lot. I also sat in the sun for a while. That was awesome. I talked to the kid about my story, too, and his encouragement was helpful, so there's that.

Tomorrow I will write more words. I will work the day job. I will not lose my mind. I will comb my hair.

That is all.

Behave!




No comments: