Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Let's See...

Today was one of those days where I ran from the second I got out of bed until...well, now I guess. Or maybe still. I might not be careening around like a chicken with my head cut off (a cliche for you) since I'm finally sitting down, but I'm still very busy, so I don't know exactly what that means.
Doing some computer maintenance - okay, I didn't do it because I'm too impatient and I wasn't quite sure where to go to achieve what needed done - but thanks to some help from a friend, the desktop is most likely ready to handle the new Internet service that's coming.
And yes, it's my own fault for running around like a spaz all day. If I would have prepared for tonight in smaller increments instead of waiting until the last minute, I wouldn't have been checking homework, running the vacuum, and dragging mattresses around ten minutes before our guests were due to arrive.
What's up with the mattresses, you ask? Okay, so it was only one. I decided not to touch the box springs after what the mattress did to me. Anyway, when we helped our friend move, she gave us her very rarely used double bed set up for K3. It sat in my kitchen overnight, then in my dining room. (I did tell you time has been short around here) Even though I knew our guests wouldn't care, I cared. So K2 and I shoved, strained, and finagled the danged thing up to the third floor. It wasn't easy since there was nothing to hold onto, but I've very proud of myself for not letting out the expletives I was thinking. I highly doubt the box spring is going to fit up the narrow stairway to the third floor. We'll see what happens with that.
Anyway (again). Where was I?
Oh. And no, I didn't have to make the dinner that required a little more preparation than tossing some chicken into a pan. But I wanted to. It was worth it. Besides my computer getting all spiffy and happy, we had a good time - which is all that matters. And my house is in pretty decent shape now, so I can spend the rest of the week doing what I need to do without tripping over something stupid that shouldn't have been left on the floor to begin with...but that's another post entirely.
Did any of that make sense?
Oh well...
Behave!

No comments: