Pages

Friday, January 18, 2008

Snow, Music, and Rambling

So...
We had snow, but not enough to mess plans up or delay school. I'm not sure how I feel about that. The extra few hours of sleep would have been sweet.
Today's been busy so far. The usual Friday madness - bills, grocery shopping, taking care of family business. Friday is supposed to be my day off from writing, but not this week. I'm moving back to the edits shortly now that the urgent household chores are taken care of. The family is even having leftovers for dinner so I can work. They don't know that yet.
Anyway.
Sometimes I'm lucky enough to find a song, or a few songs, that suits my work in progress well. The funny thing is, this time I didn't find that song until I hit the editing stage. I know it sounds weird, but the focus I gain from listening really helps. I think I need to pay more attention to the music when I'm working. I used to, but have gotten away from it with the loss of my headphones. I've borrowed K2's for now, and we'll see if I move any faster on the edits now.
That's about it for today. More snow is expected overnight, but since we're helping a friend move tomorrow it would not be a good thing. We'll see.
Behave!

No comments: