Pages

Thursday, January 03, 2008

We are NOT getting a puppy!


Isn't she cute?
Her name is Cleo and she's a four-week old dachshund. She belongs to K1's girlfriend, along with another younger litter of many (I can't remember the number).
They brought the puppy over yesterday and I haven't heard the end of it yet. As I tucked K4 in last night, she called me back into the room and said, in a really sad voice, "I really think we need another puppy". Ack! They're all bugging.
Who's supposed to take care of the puppy when they're all off doing their own thing? Potty training? Cleaning up messes? Yeah.
Don't get me wrong, she's adorable. I know eventually we'll end up with another dog. I'm not ready yet, and neither is our dog. Or the cat, who was rather irritated this black and tan creature was in his domain sucking up all the attention.
There's not much chance of me backing down on this one, but just in case, no one is allowed to say "I knew it", okay?
Behave!

No comments: