Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dear...

Dear Neighbors,
Thank you for stopping the annoying horn blowing. You can stop being jerks now, though. Living in a neighborhood doesn't mean you have to be pals with your neighbors, but you should have some consideration for others. And that doesn't mean yelling at them every time you see them out, or glaring at them when they're minding their own business. I don't think you'll ever get that, though.

Dear Weather,
Please just one more huge snowstorm. Please? I know people will hate me for that, but I feel cheated by the amount of snow we had this year. I want one major blowout that forces us to stay home and watch LotR and drink Mimosas all day long. I want to make brownies, shovel (yeah, I'm nuts), cook fantastic food, write, and nap. Please?

Dear Dog,
Please stop falling down the stairs in the middle of the night. You make me worried and sad. We're not being mean when we block your way at night and make you stay safe on the first floor. And being gone all day doesn't mean we don't love you. Please stop shunning us when we come home. We're happy to see you. I know it's different, but it'll be okay.

Dear House,
Clean yourself. Please.

Dear Stink Bugs,
Go away. Please.

Okay. That's enough nonsense for now. I need to write.
Behave!

2 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Your wish only half came true, re: the snow. I keep wishing for the same thing, though.

Poor doggie! :(

Victoria said...

Yeah. I could have done with A LOT more snow!
Dang!