Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Done!

Well, the edits are finished and the book is now in the capable hands of my wonderful critique partners. I am convinced it is the biggest pile of crap I've ever written. Totally convinced. Guess we'll see about that.
In any event, it's as done as I can make it. After two rewrites, a million and a half editing passes, multiple brainstorming sessions, and a whole lot of worry - I can do no more until it's been read by other eyes.
And that's a very good feeling.
Especially since I might be able to sleep tonight.
Now I can let the story that's been rattling around my brain loose. My plan is to start writing this weekend. Starting something new is always exciting, and believe me, I'm excited. New characters, new situations, new stuff. Whoot!
It's going to be a long week around here, but there's fun on the horizon providing I live through the days leading up to Friday.
That's all.
Behave!

2 comments:

Ava Quinn said...

Woo hoooooo!!!!! That's awesome, Smith! Great news all around. And it's not sucky. I know it.

Victoria said...

I hope it's not sucky! It feels good to be done!!!