Pages

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Tall Tale Tuesday...On Thursday

I have no choice. Especially after the past twenty-four hours.
Which of the following did NOT happen in my house last night/this morning?
1. K1 was playing with scissors and cut the end of his thumb off. He came downstairs, headed straight to the kitchen, then said, "I need some serious help in here". He danced around like a little girl and bled all over the place. It can't be stitched because there's nothing to stitch.
2. Around midnight I woke to heavy knocking on my front door. The dog was going nuts. I tried to wake B, but he just snored and rolled over. I cautiously went down the stairs, the dog at my side and peered around the dead branches of the Christmas tree to look onto the front porch. A cop. My stomach sank. I opened the door. As soon as he saw me, he knew he had the wrong house. Right house number, wrong street. He apologized profusely and went on his way. It took me an hour to go back to sleep.
3. I woke to a horrid smell around 1am. Figured K1 was cooking, rolled over and went back to sleep. Opened my eyes again a few minutes later and realized that wasn't a cooking smell. Went downstairs, following the awful odor into the kitchen where I found a burner on, without flame, spewing gas into our home.
So which one did NOT happen?
Behave!

5 comments:

Ava Quinn said...

Holy Crap! Those are the choices?! I'm terrified to choose any. No wonder you had to do the TTT as TTTh!

What the Hell. One?

Misty said...

Oh, I so want to play, but I already know the answer!!!

Ava Quinn said...

Hints! I need hints!! I don't know if I can wait until tomorrow to find out!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

My reaction was exactly the same as Ava's. HOLY CRAP and I don't want any to be right!

I'm going to...ack...okay, I'll pick 3 as the scariest, but I want 1 to be wrong, too. 2 is horrible, but at least it was just wrong, not dangerous.

Victoria said...

I posted the answers!