Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Time?

....I post this picture because of the absolute love of Dr. Who that goes on in my house. (Are you sensing that my children have eclectic tastes?) They're patiently waiting for the new season to start with the new doctor. (Plus, David Tenant's a cutie.)
Anyway.
This was supposed to be about time.
There is never enough of it. Never. It's always been like that, it will always be like that. There's nothing we can do to change the universe to give us more, and even if we did, nothing would be different. There would not be enough even if you were a Time Lord. Stuff would fill it, and then there would be none. We have to do the best with what we have. Organize. Plan. And even that sometimes won't help you get everything done. My lists certainly don't help and they don't take into account the cash registers going out just as I get to the register with my groceries (yes, it happened again), or the cat puking, or the washer being off-balance and not wanting to spin the clothes no matter how many times you rearrange them and restart the cycle...ahem...
This morning I joined some friends for a brief writing challenge-type-thingy. We met in the chat room and worked for half hour spans, then reported our progress, chatted for a few minutes, and began again. It was a productive hour and fifteen minutes for all of us - well, except for the one who bailed halfway through, but that's beside the point. I finished my hard copy edits, and now have a few hours to begin inputting the changes into my computer. I don't believe I would be this far if it wasn't for the little challenge.
I keep saying it and I will continue. Get some writing friends and challenge each other. You won't be sorry. In fact, you might just be surprised at what else you get out of it.
Don't let time get you down. Make the most of what you have. Try your best. Give yourself a break when things spin out of control and make sure you use some of it to goof off a little. Oh, and listen to some Jason Manns while you're at it. You won't be sorry.
I think that's enough confusion for one day, don't you?
Oh, and don't forget to tune into Supernatural tonight!
Behave!

No comments: