Pages

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Motivation

I have it. Only it's being blocked by the cold germs from hell.
Yesterday was my RWA chapter meeting. I always love the January meeting. It fills me with hope and encouragement for the new year. I would have loved it more if I hadn't been so much of snot, but I digress. I love my chapter. I love the people. We laugh a lot. A lot.
It was fantastic to watch one of my very good friends receive our chapter's service award, and it was equally thrilling to watch my list of retreat attendees fill up. Now I'm jazzed for May and all of the retreat goodness that comes with it.
And, as a result of being around so many like-minded people, I am eager to get back into my work in progress. I'm eager to get our routine back and do my thing. The holidays were fun, but except for missing my uncle when he returns home, I'm glad they're over. The brown-tinged tree in my living room is begging to be put out of its misery, which is on the list for later today. As is saying goodbye.
My hope is that by the end of the day, I'll be ready to spend tomorrow doing my thing. You know, if this cold finally releases its hold on me.
That's all for today.
Behave!

5 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

It is certainly the weather for staying inside and getting work done. I'm putting on a pot of chicken corn soup and already baked some applesauce bread. Already took my tree down and have no more excuses.

Ava Quinn said...

It *was* such a good meeting. I'm sorry you're sick, but am very glad you made it. I'm feeling motivated and a little more back on track too.
Get better!
M3

vickyb said...

Hope you feel better soon! Stay warm. Hugs.

Victoria said...

Tree still not down. Had a whole pile of excuses for the weekend, but no more. Feeling better and am actually alone in my house for the first time in forever. Document opening commencing in 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. :)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

*throws arms around Smith*