Pages

Wednesday, July 08, 2020

Well...That Was Longer Than Intended...

You wouldn't think things would be that crazy...

They really kind of aren't. But kind of are, too. It's always something, I think.

What has been happening?

I have no idea. I can't remember half of it.

I'll do my best though...

1. The kid finally got her new wheels. After two horrible experiences. The last guy definitely had a conscience because he almost sold it while we were in transit to look at it. He told the guy that was there to give us an hour since we called first. So, she got to look and test drive. She fell in love and purchased it. She's got her own insurance and the vehicle is in her name only.

2. It's been hot! Damn hot! Air conditioners are running so we don't die.

3. The porch is still in process. The last trim color wasn't right, so we had to figure out what to do. That's on the list for tonight, so we'll see... Floor fixing & paint, shrubs, and some other trim work and we'll be done. It's going slow, but it's a huge job and there's limited time to be able to get stuff done due to the blazing sun.

4. Still working from home. No idea of a return to the office date yet. It's still going well, so there's that.

5. Our garden is producing tomatoes! Whoot!

6. Reservations being made for our September event.

7. Cool stuff on the writing front. I can't really share yet, but let's just say it was the boost I needed. The book isn't done yet, but there are some other things in the works. Just finished critiquing something for a friend, and then I'm taking care of a small project. After that, it's a much bigger project, and then another, and then I can finish the book. Sorry to be so cryptic, but I can't share anymore at this point.

8. Some book signing events coming back. Tentatively. I think at least four events were cancelled previously this year, so this one being on the calendar is awesome. I'm looking forward to it.

Other than that...

Yesterday was the anniversary of my Dad's death. I miss him. A lot. I wish he was here to talk over some things with. I could always count on him to listen and ask the right questions so that I would come to the conclusion I needed to. He rarely gave advice unless specifically asked. And if you did ask, and then didn't follow his advice, he never got upset. I wonder what he would think about everything going on in the world these days.

I'm trying to stay off of social media as much as possible. Except I had to list our old camper to get rid of. That was quite an experience. I had over 60 inquiries. A lot of people apparently don't read the description, or care when you tell them there's 40 people interested in front of them. They still ask for details that were clearly listed in the ad. Someone asked me if it had tires. There was a full picture of it with the tires showing. Also, we'd found a snake in it when we cleaned it out. I accidentally uploaded that picture and so many people commented on the snake... Some were downright funny and I appreciated it. Some were just weird. Luckily, the third guy that emailed me picked it up last night. He was appreciative and so were we. It's gone and having it stored at my sister's and in their way isn't hanging over our heads anymore.

Anyway - I'll refresh the social media page and immediately close out. Everything on my feed is ugly and I just can't do it. I am thinking about deleting my account and just keeping my author page...

That's all I have for now...

I'll try to get on here sooner than 10 days... Ha!

Behave!

No comments: