Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

One Down. One to Go.

Sold the one car today.

Well... technically. I have a deposit and a promise to return on Saturday to pick it up.

The guy came today. Took it for a test drive. And despite the issues the car has, made an offer. He seemed like a decent enough guy. Wore his mask. Practiced social distancing. We didn't talk a lot even about the car. That's fine. I'm happy with how things are turning out, but I won't be relieved until the money is in my hands and the car is out of my parking space.

The other listing is not doing quite so well. It's priced quite a bit higher than the one that sold, so that's probably part of it, though it's listed as OBO. I think once you get past a certain price point, the dynamics change. Plus it's an entirely different kind of car, which obviously, has an entirely different group of people potentially interested. It's definitely worth what we're asking, though it does need some work (which is why it's priced how it is). It's K4's old car and it was good to her, just like it was good to my niece before her. It was maintained very well and has a lot of new parts, and even parts in the box.

Anyway... It's been a stressful day. We had a ton of hits on the first car. Mostly people offering stupid amounts of money for it (Like super stupid) and asking questions that were already answered in the listing. I turned my phone on silent around 10pm last night right before we went to bed. At 6:30 this morning, I had a dozen new messages, including pings from people who felt I should have answered them sometime between the hours of midnight and five am. Really? Those questions continued throughout the day. Oy!

I also managed to get my Internet upgraded after about three weeks of hassle. Don't get me wrong, I like our provider. They aren't jerks. Except they have been the past few weeks. I do understand. The woman I spoke to today is working from home, too. And long-story-short, she fixed me up and I am happy and don't think they're jerks anymore.

It was also one of those days where everything hit at once. My boss was needing things, my project managers needed things, the salesmen, too. Voicemails were coming in one after another. My computer keeps dropping the Internet. At the same time my phone is blowing up, Messenger is blowing up, and the dog is barking at nothing.

It is Wednesday though. Tomorrow will be a better day.

That is all.

Behave!


No comments: