Pages

Friday, August 07, 2020

Okay. Now It's August... Feel Good Friday!

 Not sure how that happened. Wait. 2020 is insane, so even though I don't know how August got here so soon, I do know... Crazy sh*t/time travel! (I have not seen a single murder hornet in my backyard though... Just saying...)

But it's Friday. Again. 

So what is happening? 

1. Car one sold. And gone. Nice. 

2. Car two has interest. In fact, talking to a guy right now about it. I lowered the price, though it's definitely worth what we had originally listed it for. It needs to be gone, so we'll see what happens. We're not really willing to go much lower than what it's listed for now. 

3. We got the new Internet installed. No more cable at all. And such nice savings! The tech even took our old equipment, which was super awesome. New wiring was ran. We're supposed to get some kind of new streaming box. I have no idea on that. The lady told me about it, but I wasn't sure what she was talking about. Internet is super fast though and our family tech guy set everything up for us, which is sweet. 

4. At the same time #3 happened, I woke up to absolutely no Internet. We were supposed to have it until the tech came, but we'd had a major storm overnight which is probably what knocked it out. (hence new wiring). I worked from my phone all day, which was a pain, but the job got done. 

5. A few weeks ago I hinted about some good news on the writing front. Well... my contracts expired on some of the first books I published. The publisher actually closed under dire circumstances. (The owner died, everyone quit) I pulled my contracts and found that they'd expired 3-4 years ago. So I emailed my current publisher and asked if they would be interested in doing reprints. They were. And just the other day I got a contract offer for one of the first stories I published. It's been renamed and will be re-edited (again), but I am so excited. I have an additional book currently undergoing edits, too. And I hope we have the same good news from that one. I will post more info once I have everything set!

6. Editing the next story! I am halfway through with entering the changes I found. Once done, I will send it out for critique before sending it to my editor! 

7. We are hoping to do the final painting on the porch this weekend. The humidity and heat have pretty much stopped us in our tracks. The primer has to be done under a ridiculously low humidity and temperature level. It's like these people who make this paint don't live in our state! Ha! We are So. Close. to being done...

8. Ordering food this week. It showed up hot and on time and was cheaper than actually going to the restaurant. It was a good break from cooking/cleaning up. 

9. The hope of sleeping in tomorrow. 

10. Oh and the Venting Things post from the other week. Nothing has changed. There's no access for them to see my posts now, or then. I have triple checked it with multiple sources. But Geeze. I think I need to re-evaluate this friendship and cut ties. That sucks and it's sad, but I just can't deal with that kind of stress in my life. 

11. Weekend... I know some people live in perpetual weekend, but we don't in this house. Despite me working from home, the weekend is still celebrated. Sleeping in is the best. 

That is all...

Behave! 


No comments: