Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Weekend Wrap Up...

 Tomorrow is Monday. Again. 

The last Monday in August. Weird. Come Tuesday, it will be September. Also weird.

Here's the list:

1. The. Book. Is. Finally. Done! 

Of course, it's a hot mess, but that's okay. It will sit for a little and I will work on something new (I just don't know what yet) and then I will got back and edit it. And it will be awesome.

2. My new coffee cup. It's hot pink! It holds 30 ounces! I love it! And it has a straw, a silicone attachment for the straw, and a straw cleaner! I haven't tried it with hot stuff because I've been on an iced coffee kick lately, but it definitely keeps ice for a really long time. I had it full of ice water all day yesterday and left it on the counter when I went to bed. When I got up, there was still a ton of ice left in it. I ordered That Man one, too. His current cup is awesome, but it's very tiny. 

3. A pretty decent weekend. We did a bunch of stuff - re-potted plants, refinished a table for the porch, found some cool stuff for the porch at the surplus store. Did the shopping. Did the vacuuming. Did a bunch of random stuff. 

4. Labor Day is this coming weekend. There are potential plans to see my siblings at my sisters. Things are up in the air right now, but we are doing all we can to make it. I miss everyone so very much! I haven't seen them all together since... well... it's been a really long time. 

5. My very first pineapple upside down cake coming out looking awesome! I have no idea how it tastes and probably won't. That Man and I made it for a coworker's birthday tomorrow. He's in the office. I'm not, so the chances of me getting to try it are slim. But it looks amazing! I used a "brown butter" cake mix for the cake portion, which, until today, I had never seen before. It uses almost an entire stick of butter in the batter. I hope it tastes good! 

That's all I have! 

Behave!

No comments: