Pages

Wednesday, December 02, 2020

December Two...

Today was a super weird day.

Work was weird, with unusual situations and random emails. 

The animals are weird. The boys have been fighting like mad. Today was better, but Max has taken to holing up in my office and sleeping in the dog's bed. And the dog will not make him move. She just lays against the door with a devastated look on her face. 

Also, I ordered Elsa a few new toys for Christmas. I had moved them from the box to a bag with some other stuff to make room. She found them, twice, and has been relentless about finding them again. I stashed them in the closet and she knows... she keeps sniffing at the door. When K4 was in my office, the dog kept trying to convince her to open the closet door. Weird. 

Then, I had my window open because it had gotten super hot in the office. K4 had come in to chat and this old, grizzled guy was out on the sidewalk in front of the neighbors house walking by. As we watched him, he spit on the neighbors car and said "there's something for you to eat" and kept walking by. Random. Never saw the guy before in my life and the neighbor whose car he spit on hasn't done anything to anyone. They are a nice family. So weird.  

Got my first round edits for my new release. "Look" is now a bad word. For real. I had overused it so badly. Like over two-hundred times badly. Also, "pull". But they are cleaned up and I just need to do a final read through before sending it back. My editor had nice things to say about the book and that's awesome.

We also signed up for Hello Fresh. We got our first box today, but since I was making dinner for a friend who just had surgery and had extra for us, we will have our first meal tomorrow. My sister and a bunch of people from work are also doing it, and we thought we'd give it a shot. I think it will take some of the stress of "what's for dinner" away and give us some variety. We'll see... I'll let you know how it goes. 

That's all I have. 

Behave! 


No comments: