Pages

Monday, November 30, 2020

November the Last

Can you believe that? The last day of the month? 

One more month left of this craptastic year! Which of course doesn't mean 2021 is going to start less craptastic. None of this is going to go away just because the clock strikes midnight on December 31st! There's no "fresh start" for this time of our lives. 

This is always a crazy month though, and this year is no different. Of course, there are no holiday parties to attend. There will be no "Ugly Sweater" party this year. At this point, I'm not even sure I will do the Christmas Eve Open House. There will be no 21st birthday party for K4, no anniversary dinner out for That Man and I, no New Year's Eve parties, but yet, things will be a different kind of crazy. 

I did decorate my front porch - well, it's about halfway done. I'm waiting for my lights to get here and I need some greenery. But the snowman has been repaired, Santa has been scrubbed up, and it looks pretty cute. I think. I also started shopping. I have four out of seven grandkids done, plus 2 grandkid birthdays, so that's a bonus. And K4's birthday and That Man are almost done. 90% of that happened today. 

We won't get our tree for few weeks. It'll just die with our heat. But I will get everything else done before that day. It's a bonus that I never put away my Christmas dishes from the hutch. Ha! 

Part of me doesn't know why I'm pushing forward with decorating and food plans. Christmas could very well turn out like Thanksgiving. But yet... It gives me something to focus on, so that can't be a bad thing. 

That's all I have...

Behave! 

No comments: