Pages

Sunday, November 08, 2020

Weekend Wrap Up!

 Okay, so the weekend didn't turn out nearly as relaxing as I'd hoped... But it was an absolutely gorgeous weekend! 

I did sleep in on Saturday and it was beautiful. That Man made breakfast. We watched some dumb tv and then got busy. 

The old fencing is now gone from the yard. The camper is winterized and cleared of all food and things that can potentially freeze. The Jeep is cleaned inside and out. The weeds are pulled from the front of the house. The porch has been cleaned and rearranged a bit. Leaves have been raked. The vacuum has been run inside the house. That Man's car has been taken to the mechanic. Shopping has been completed. Laundry is done. House is in decent shape. Yard is getting there. Christmas gifts are being discussed and a plan is being made. 

We pretty much wrecked ourselves on Saturday. Getting the fencing out of here and doing leaves, among other things, broke us into two sorry excuses for sore and exhausted humans. We did make some banging empanadas for dinner though. After that, it was couch time and movie watching. I wrote. Went to bed pretty early for a Saturday night. I know we're early to bed anyway, but this was crazy early. 

K3 stopped in for his packages, so we got to chat with him for a while. It's always good to see that kid! He laughed at us in our soreness! He offered to set up the new Fire Stick we bought because ours is overheating, but I didn't want to have to deal with setting up the apps and passwords and stuff... 

Didn't sleep in as much today, but still did. That Man made breakfast again, and then we set off for errands. Went to the home improvement store, but ended up leaving in frustration. It was packed and they rearranged, so we couldn't find anything on our list. Went to the mega box store for cat litter, and then, we had no choice but to go to the mega mart for RV antifreeze. Ugh. But I got the candles I have been wanting, so that's a plus. It was insanely busy, too, so getting in and out was priority. 

I did take a quick nap today, which was good. And I wrote a crapton of words, so that's awesome. The book is going well and I am happy. 

Also awesome is a writing retreat in my future! I'm so very excited. The house is gorgeous and secluded. I will be with my bestest writing friends and I will be nothing but a writer and friend while I'm there. I will have my own room and probably my own bathroom. I am so very much looking forward to it. I haven't been on a writing retreat in over five years. To say how much I need this would be an understatement. 

Tomorrow is Monday again. I'm at the point in the evening where I'm wishing for another weekend day. 

That is all...

Behave! 

No comments: