Pages

Sunday, August 04, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up!

Monday comes too soon! I need one more day! I know... I say that every week, but it's true...

Let's backtrack...

Saturday's writing meeting was good. Good business meeting. Good program. Good lunch. There was a lot of laughter and discussion. Definitely what I needed to recharge.

Got home to a houseful. K1 & J were here. K1 needed to work on his car and clean his crap out of the 'burban. They did some laundry, too. Friends came to help with car stuff. Got epic grandsons time. Baby B is so stinking cute. He's crawling and he's fast. He's such a chunky monkey! Mr. B was very busy and spent a lot of time reorganizing the toys we have here. Ha! I made spaghetti and meatballs because I know it's one of Mr. B's favorites and we had K1's bestie here for dinner, too.

So, the 'burban is going the way of the white wind very soon. We wanted to restore it, but we don't have the time, money, or space to do so. It won't be long until we get told about it from our borough because that kind of thing is happening all over the place around here. We've had many, many conversations about what to do, but have come to the conclusion that we have to let her go. I am super sad and wish there was another way, but logically, we don't need a vehicle that big anymore. We don't have time to fix her up the way she deserves, and the amount of mold inside those doors is dangerous. It's really, really bad. So...

Today was cleaning. I did a crapton of work - including washing the entirety of our bedding thanks to our old lady cat pooping and pissing on our bed last night! ARGH!! She got trapped in there and I guess it was long enough that she felt she had no choice, but...WHY on the bed? I mean... seriously! And, if you didn't know, we still have a waterbed. It's not just sheets and blankets, it's padding and a lot of it... but thankfully, a mattress that can be disinfected easily. It's a day long process. I managed to replace everything temporarily enough that we could sleep semi-decently last night, but today I had to wash... and K1 & J needed to finish their laundry, too.

It worked out. We had an amazing diner. Baby B continued to crack us up. Mr. B and I played "treehouse" and watered plants. The bed is nearly made and That Man's work shirts are done. There's a load of towels to do thanks to be stupidly overflowing the coffee pot yesterday. Dumb. But on the whole, we're in a good place to start the week.

I'm so tired though... Maybe tired thinking about the upcoming week, or tired from two days of constant peopling. I don't know.

What I do know is that this coming week is my only week in the next three weeks that I work a full five. We're going to a concert next weekend and will be coming home on Monday, so we're off. The next week I have my mammogram, and then we're heading out to parts unknown...Then it's labor day. By then it's September! Woah!

That's all I have... I am off to do the writing now!

Behave!

No comments: