Pages

Monday, February 17, 2020

Moaning Monday...

Eh... It's not so moaning. Except I'm tired and have a stabby sinus headache and I'm cold. Okay, so maybe it is more moaning than I thought. Ha!

Anyway...

The greenhouse event was a lot of fun. Didn't sell any books, but no one else really did either. The crowd was light. Folks that normally come couldn't. It is what it is. That's something that's definitely beyond control. But, like I said, it was fun. Got to talk to my author peeps and meet some authors I didn't know before. Caught up with old friends and bought some super cute gnome napkins.

After the signing, a bunch of us went to dinner. That was fun. A lot of laughter and conversations. That Man and Simon's Man came, too. When we were done with dinner, we weren't ready to go home, so we went to see friends. That was fun. We didn't stay too late, but we did have a good time.

Sunday was a quick run to the store for ingredients. We whipped up some spinach artichoke dip and headed to a different friend's house to watch the Daytona 500. We only get to see them maybe twice a year, so it was definitely a good time. They made meatballs and other dips. We talked and laughed and well.. since the race was rained out, we ended up home sooner than expected. At one point, I'd gone out to the car for something and it looked like the radiator on the car had busted. There was a huge spray of liquid and it was puddling on the ground. I called That Man out, and we quickly discovered that their male cat had sprayed our car. Gross, but definitely good for a laugh.

Now it's Monday again. It was a quiet Monday at the day job. No mail. No bank. Very few phone calls. Very few emails. I had to cover the phones all day, which is fine. I cleaned up some receivers and purchase orders and organized my day for tomorrow - which will be busy since there are checks to write and bank stuff to do...

I'm about ready to crash now. I've already done my words, caught up on my emails, and took care of a few other household administration duties. It's time to find a blanket and rest my stabby head.

Behave!

No comments: