Pages

Monday, May 14, 2007

A Very Good Surprise

First off, Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms!
Now I can finally tell you what's been going on around here. For weeks, my siblings and I have been keeping a really great secret from our parents. Our uncle, our Mom's baby brother, came to visit. We wanted to surprise her and I'm happy to say that somehow we managed it. Somehow - with pretty much everyone else knowing what was going on, including the kids - she had no idea. Saturday night we picked him up at the airport and arrived back at my sisters. It was a great scene. Perfect.
And we're having a great time getting to know him again. We haven't seen him in nearly 14 years. Mom's seen him somewhere in between those years a few times, but it had been quite a while. Yesterday we hung out at my brother's, eating great food and talking up a storm. It's really fun to hear their stories and learn more about our grandparents. All I can say is, it's very clear where all of us kids get the obnoxious sense of humor. Our mom has always blamed my dad's side of the family. Well, after hearing some of the stuff they did, there's no doubt in my mind.
Posts may be a little sporadic this week. There's a lot of socializing to do before I leave for the retreat, but I'll try to get some pictures up before then.
Behave!

No comments: