Pages

Friday, July 20, 2007

Of Not Sleeping Well...

It's been that kind of week for me.
Can't fall asleep. Can't stay asleep. And when I do sleep, the dreams are so totally whacked I can't figure them out. I don't even think I want to.
My opinion is that this is simply the culmination of our schedule and now that the end was in sight and now, most-likely, no longer is, well...
K2 auditioned for another play. I knew when she approached us that it was something she'd do, but I had my concerns. The main ones being the back to back schedule and the starting of school in a little over a month (she starts her drama school, too). No rest for the weary. She's good though. Her arguments equal that of a trained negotiator - always have - and she assured us she could handle everything. We're waiting to see if she made it in - a long wait, since the casting list has been postponed to today. (Mom, check your email. Mom, anything? Mom, will you call me (during tonights performance) if the email comes after I leave? Mom, check your email. Mom, you didn't sign off email did you? uhhhh....)
Anyway.
In addition to that, I can't seem to shut my brain down writing-wise either. I'm mere pages away from finishing my book and am now dealing with the rush of what comes next. Ideas and plans won't leave me alone. And while that's okay with me and exciting, the not sleeping part is getting old.
Yeah. I guess it's a Friday whine. But it's my blog and I'll whine if I want to! :)
It is absolutely gorgeous out today. Low humidity. Nice, nice breeze and a perfect temperature.
Enjoy the weekend, and...
Behave!

No comments: