Pages

Saturday, December 01, 2012

Saturday...

Today has been an interesting day...
First up was my writing group's annual holiday party... What a blast! Tons of food (I'm still full), much good conversation and relaxing with my friends. We do an annual gift exchange - if you bring one, you grab one - and I got a very cool holiday mug and an Amazon gift card. Nice!
I had to leave a little early because we had a very important arrival due at the house. As soon as she stops hiding, I will post a picture of our new family member - Spenser - our adopted kitty. She's seven and was reluctantly given up by a wonderful couple who had no choice. She's very pretty - a tortoise-shell calico - and I'm excited to get to know her. She's been hiding under our bed for hours now. The last time I checked on her, she came out and got a quick pet, but ran back under. I'm hoping she comes out soon.
Then, we picked out our Christmas Tree. It's still tied to the top of my truck. Maybe we'll work on it tomorrow, maybe not... But it'll be up soon. I'd wanted to have a decorating party this year, but I don't think that's going to happen. Our schedule is just too tight with the scout tree sale, kid school performances, and other obligations.
K4 and I went to see K2 at her 3rd job. A frozen yogurt place. That was the first time I'd been there and I'm  hooked. It was so good. (and took the place of my dinner since I couldn't bring myself to shove any more food into my stomach after the holiday party)
Grocery store was next - even though I was just there last night. Oy! Now laundry, contemplating getting the Christmas dishes out and set up in the hutch. And trying to figure out tomorrow's schedule... We'll have K5 for a little while tomorrow. I'm so excited to see her.
Behave!

No comments: