Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up!

I know it's been 10 days since I posted last! Things have been crazy here!
Our family planned a surprise birthday party for my mom. It was this weekend! We camped, had a fire, a band, and lots of friends and family! It was a blast! Mom was surprised! Very awesome! And I'm so glad it turned out so well! Mom deserves it!
We went up to my sister's Friday night to get stuff done! Ate pizza, drank some beer, and had a blast by the fire! And we got a lot of stuff done, too!
We got up and got busy - cooking, cleaning, setting stuff up. We took a lot of breaks, but that was the plan. We didn't feel rushed at all, which was amazing and great and what we wanted. We laughed our butts off being silly and inappropriate and worked together to get stuff done!
Mom finally arrived and was surprised! Yay! My sister-in-law made an awesome cake. Mom had friends there that I'm not familiar with, but they stayed and seemed to enjoy themselves. She had all of her "adopted" kids there, too.
This morning, we had mimosas, the kids and guys made breakfast, and us mom's sat in the backyard drinking our mimosas and laughing hysterically and not doing any work! Very awesome!
I got to see Baby C, K5, and Baby B. Super awesome! Baby C is getting so big and she smiled at me! K5 launched herself into my arms and talked my ear off! Baby B is at the fun age! We played cars, he conned me into cookies (of course), and he had a blast running around in our camper! We have an ice cream date before I go on retreat!
I also got to see my first adopted son (current count is two adopted sons and I think four adopted daughters by now, but I lose track! LOL) He moved away about 9 years ago and we've kept in touch. He and his new wife just moved about an hour away and it was so great to see him and meet her! She's awesome and I love it! We had a blast catching up and I had a blast watching his face when he saw the younger kids for the first time in 9 years!
The weekend was fantastic! We had a few hiccups, but nothing too major! Our Elsa-puppy did so great! She's exhausted like the rest of us! She knew when to take herself away from the crowd and knew where to plop down so she could rest. She has a boyfriend now -  actually two. One is a huge German Shepard / rottweiler mix and the other is a tiny Pomeranian... She is getting fixed in less than a month and yes, we have and will have "the talk" with her...
Once we got home, we unloaded the truck and went to see That Man's Mom. She's recovering from a pretty bad infection and needs to get her strength back. I love this woman. She's been a second mom to me for the past 30 plus years. She helped teach me how to drive. She's been a rock for me on so many occasions and I love her.
Like I said, she's like my own mom, and my own mom seriously rocks. Both mom's have strength in places I don't think I have.
So now it's Sunday night.... I did my words for the 50/50 and now I am going into full retreat mode! I leave Thursday! I am so freaking excited! The first three days of this week with be crazy though! I have so much to do! All of the retreat swag and stuff is spread out over my living room. It needs to be condensed and organized. Which will happen tomorrow!
That is all...
Behave!

No comments: