Pages

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

What? Wednesday!

Sorry I kind of fell off the face of the earth for a few days! It's been crazy trying to get this reno project done. Exhaustion is the name of the game these days!

Lots going on!

1. K4 has moved into her new digs. It's not quite done - maybe 85%. There's still trim to be done, a little electric work, lights to hang, and her dressing room/closet to finish. The third coat of poly went down Monday night and we let it cure for 48 hours. (Last night I went to bed at a ridiculously early time, and still didn't sleep) Tonight was moving her things up there. It's coming together and she is very happy with it. We need some more furniture - a coffee table, futon, end tables, lamps - that kind of thing, but we'll get them as we go along. It's a great space - I'm kind of jealous we decided not to go back up, but the double set of stairs would kill That Man's knees.

2. Next is painting/flooring in her old room. Mr. B will take that room for now. Then it will be my office. Now we're choosing paint colors and trying to decide what to do with the floor.

3. After K4's room is done, we'll be redoing the kitchen floor.

4. The house is an utter and complete wreck thanks to the constant work on the bedroom. I hope to get that squared away this weekend, after some painting. The dining room looks like a cross between a tea party, camping preparedness, and a construction zone.
I borrowed my sister's fancy dishes for my niece's baby shower and they're still here. No one has had the time or the room to get them back to where they need to go. Our good neighbor gave us a bunch of dishes for the camper and they're loaded up into the cooler waiting to be put in the camper. And the construction part is self-explanatory.

5. Writing - well. That's happening next. Now that the major work is done, I'm reclaiming my time!

6. Mosquitoes. OMG! You cannot step foot outside without being eaten alive! I never get bit and my legs are covered with bites. It's insane. We can't figure out where they're coming from. We've even done the yard spray stuff. I'm itchy!

7. My sister-in-law has to have surgery on her arm where her grand-dog caused her to fall and get broken. My sister probably has to have gallbladder surgery very soon, too. Oy vey! I worry about them both!

That's all for now!

Behave!

No comments: