Pages

Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Finally Through All of the Details...

Well, for the most part.

There are things to go through and finances to settle, but they'll get done in time.

The services were beautiful. Our funeral home is amazing and provide a level of care I have never experienced before. They did when my folks passed away and they met & exceeded our expectations once again.

That Man and his siblings spoke a beautiful tribute to their momma. My brother-in-law spoke and sang. Our girls spoke. In fact, we had so much sharing that the Pastor's portion had to be shortened greatly.

After the service, we had a reception at a local place associated with the funeral home. The food was good. The service exceptional. The fellowship even more exceptional.

The weekend was taking care of house stuff and trying to rest. We started putting up my Jeep shelter and made a feast of tacos. That Brother hung out here most of the day. On Sunday, I stayed in bed until noon and stayed in my jammies until it was time to go to That Sister's. That was a nice visit - just the siblings. We ate, laughed, talked, and watched stupid television.

Then, we had to wait the weekend until we could have the small service at the military cemetery. That was yesterday and was poignant. We kept it to immediate family - mainly because of people's work schedules and asking them to take more time off of work felt rude and because by that point, we were all done in.

Today was back to work. It was a rough day - mainly because we're exhausted and for me, because my work wasn't attended to while I was away and I'm buried. It wasn't intentional, it's just super busy and we were short three people, so there's that.

I had to drop out of the 50/50 challenge when That Mom started failing and we spent the weekend with her. I've barely opened my computer since mid-last week. I'll get back to it this week.

But I'm going to bed now. I have no concentration left at all.

Behave.

No comments: