Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Off the Face of the Earth...

Apparently...

May is always chaos and this May has been no different!

K4's show was pretty darned good. I'm glad we didn't listen to her and went anyway. That Man and I had a good time hanging out before the show since there was no reason to come home and then leave five minutes later. The kids did a great job with the entire thing and it was awesome to hear what all of the seniors are doing after graduation.

Now we're exactly a week out from the big walk. The cap and gown are sitting on my desk. She's finishing up assignments and prepping for finals. I think she has two days of finals next week.

The sucky thing is that she's still fighting whatever crap she's been fighting. She missed her senior trip to NY yesterday because of it. I don't know who was more upset... (her, I'm sure), but it sucked.

Going back in time...

We had a pretty darned good Memorial Day weekend. We went to The Wilds, though we didn't inhabit the alternate living space. Instead, we put our super-comfy air mattress up in my sister's living room for sleeping. We hadn't had time to get the camper out and check it, and the threat of rain and mud from the previous terrible rain were huge. The guys had a very terrible week and didn't want to deal with the campers, so my sister and I caved. It was weirdly nice, though weird. We spent our days in The Wilds and our nights hanging out just the adults. The weird part was not being able to go into my camper for stuff I needed, but it was okay.

The picnic was really good. Food, family, and friends. And a pretty decent day temperature-wise. Too chilly and high water for the kids to get into the creek, but nice to sit along the bank and talk. We got to see all of our kids and all but one grandkid. I call win.

We ended up giving K4 most of her graduation present and she spent the weekend hanging out with her cousin and sleeping in her tent. She was super happy. Now if we could just get her car fixed. Oy.

This weekend is my writing meeting and K5's baton recital. Looking forward to both.

Also, today is my first baby's birthday. It's so hard to believe he's 29! I remember this day 29 years ago so vividly! Happy Birthday, Baby Boy!!

That is all for now.

It's writing time!

Behave!


No comments: