Pages

Friday, June 01, 2018

Feel Good Friday

The June 1st Edition...

Wow... June. May went so fast. I'm kind of scared that June is going to be the same way.

Let's get to the list:

WRITING!! I wrote last night and managed a pretty decent word count! Whoot! Awesome feeling! I'll be continuing tonight!

2. That Man picking me up from work. Due to the vehicle shortage, K4 had to take me in. It sucks being at work without a car, but leaving for the day with him waiting for me in the parking lot made it worth it.

3. Living through the brutal work week.

4. Ordering the parts for K4's car. She really needs transportation next week for finals and graduation practice and see #2. Hopefully it will be fixed by Sunday.

5. Not cooking tonight. That Man and I ran to Misty Simon's booksigning and then took care of some errands. Couldn't decide on dinner and then figured we'd just come home and order something in. Okay by me.

6. Writing dinner this week. It was great. Awesome to see and talk with my writing ladies. Good food. Lots of laughter and discussion. I kind of felt bad for the poor waiter who kept coming to the table at the most embarrassing (for him) conversation point, but he had a good sense of humor. It was very good to feel connected and part of this group again. It has been far, far too long.

7. Writing meeting tomorrow. Yay! Also has been far, far too long. I've missed every meeting since January, which is horrible, but couldn't be helped.

8. Getting to see K5 tomorrow. Yeah, sitting through a baton recital isn't the most fun in the world, especially since we have to sit on gym bleachers. But it's worth it to see my granddaughter doing something she loves.

9. The impending rain. Please. It's so stinking hot and muggy. I'm on the couch and seriously considering packing my stuff up and heading to our air conditioned room. But... I have to wait for the food first...

10. Sleeping in tomorrow. Just a little. It will be awesome! Technically, I can sleep in three hours past my normal wake up time, but I know I won't. I'll be lucky to get an hour in. But that's okay.

That is all. I think the food is here. Yay!

Behave!


2 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Sleeping in is the best. And it is so much cooler today though I'm sick of rain. My side yard is a bog. Wished I had made the meeting.

Victoria said...

I would have loved to have seen you, Sue! It's been forever! I love the cooler temps, but, I too, am sick of rain!