Pages

Friday, June 22, 2018

Feel Good Friday - The Super Long Week Edition

Wow! I could have sworn I posted at some point this week, but looking back, I can see why that didn't really happen...

Let's get to the list, shall we?

1. K4 being accepted into college!! YAY!!! We're not sure of anything right now! We have no details, except that she goes for an orientation next week and we have no financial aid yet. We're working on the medical stuff, but we're scrambling to find out all of the details and figure out everything.

2. Our new baby. We found a three week old kitten under my Jeep. He cried for over twelve hours (with me not making the connection to baby kitten at any point in hearing him) and we had no choice but to care for him. I'd heard a ruckus shortly before the bawling started that included cat screeching. We took him to the vet and found out he's a healthy boy. He weighs 12.5 ounces. Well, he did. I'm not sure what he weighs now. He's eating like a piggy, but not really pooping. (back to the vet for that) He's absolutely adorable and so obnoxious. Ha! K4 has adopted him as her own. His name is Max. He's currently sleeping on the couch after running around like a maniac.

3. My boss having my back, and my reps. It was a crazy week at the day job...

4. Some writing this week. Not as much as I would have liked, but lots of other writing stuff got done, so there's that.

5. Our garden looking awesome! We have baby zuchinni's, baby tomatoes, baby peppers, and a ton of dill and basil.

6. Surviving the annual street fair. We never went down, though we'd intended to go and see Simon at her book-singing. After That Man had words with a rent-a-cop about getting onto our street - the rent-a-cop told him "everyone lives here"! Seriously!? He then proceeded to take down That Man's plates (and learn, he did, in fact, "live here") And after the baby needing to go back to the vet and the insane amount of time it took me to get home from work, we were done. That niece and boyfriend were here and The Kid's other friends stopped by, but we pretty much chilled and avoided the whole scene.

7. That Man taking care of dinner tonight. Nice!

That's all I have for now.

Behave!

2 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Saw pictures of the street fair in the paper today. I was wondering where everyone parked when that thing happened. Congrats to the kid on college and on the new baby boy.

Victoria said...

Hey Sue! Well... they try to park in our spaces - even if it's obvious that it's private property! It's crazy time!
Thanks on the congrats! Exciting times for sure! :)