Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Happy Fathers Day

And Happy Fathers Day if you're a mom covering both roles. You rock.

I was blessed with an amazing dad. I miss him every day. He was a hard worker, and had a dry, but hysterical sense of humor. He definitely wasn't perfect, but no one is. Ever. And his good qualities far, far outweighed the mistakes.

He supported me, guided me, and was a sounding board when I needed to work things out. In my teen years, he both disciplined and helped to guide me onto a better path than the one I was on. I will never forget him hanging me up from the phone call I was on and taking me by the hand to sit and talk. He never raised his voice, just gently asked me what I thought would come of the current way I was behaving. It was what I needed to figure things out and I will forever be grateful to him for that, and other life-changing conversations. 

I am also blessed with an amazing father to my children. His love and patience for them is amazing. He always worked hard so the kids would have what they needed and showed them that hard work paid off.

And the third blessing is the other men in my life who are awesome dads. There is nothing better than watching your son parent with patience and humor, or watching your son-in-law scoop up your crying granddaughter and holding her as she sobs in fear of the big old slide. I've had the great influence of my brother, and brother-in-laws, in my life as an awesome guide to my own children.

Now I'm off to cook for my man... I'm making him a feast of grilled chicken and vegetables. (Then I will write)

Behave!

No comments: